file Kentucky Vintage

Meer
28 apr 2011 22:03 #49007 door gadeweerd
Kentucky Vintage werd gestart door gadeweerd
Serge was vandaag op whiskyfun erg (iets te) enthousiast over de Kentucky Vintage bourbon. Leuk om te lezen over deze goed verkrijgbare en betaalbare bourbon. Nu weet ik wel betere, maar voor de beginnende bourbon-drinker wellicht een goed 'instap-model'

Serge:
Kentucky Vintage (45%, OB, Bourbon, batch #1-18, +/-2007)
This is made by the same people who are behind Johnny Drum. It’s ‘small batch’ and, as several other American whiskies that I’ve seen, bears the word ‘vintage’ while no vintage is specified (and while it’s obviously no vintage item - but let’s not quibble). Colour: full gold. Nose: very similar to Johnny Drum 12, which is great news. Olives, soy sauce, grass, apple peelings… Very ‘unbourbon’ again. To give you an idea, this could be an old Glen Mhor from refill sherry. Serious. Mouth: same feeling as with Johnny 12, it’s sweeter and a little duller than on the nose but it works here because both the texture and the very nice leathery/leafy notes balance that sweetness. And I like these notes of honey sauce and tobacco, and even the faint saltiness. Finish: long, spicy and sweet (cranberry juice), then drier in a nice way. Comments: I don’t know if I should like this, but I do. It’s somewhat ‘non-commercial’ in style, which always works, just like with wine. Super and not expensive at all, around 25€ I think. Imagine! SGP:451 - 88 points.

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

Tijd voor maken pagina: 0.139 seconden
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com